Here’s how I’ve been documenting Bear’s first year. I love watching him grow bigger every month. There’s always something new with him everyday and i love that. I can’t wait to put them together and make a photo book when he turns one. One of my on-going family projects!
I was asked a few times over instagram, if i use any app to create these images. No no apps. Here’s step by step of how i do it. Hope this helps!
- Use a white bedding or blanket for the clean background.
- Put your baby on top of the blanket, on a ground because you have to take photos from top of him to get the straight shots.
- I shoot with my camera, canon 5d mark ii with 5omm lens, when he’s in a good mood.
- Import them in Lightroom, convert raw to jpeg
- Edit in photoshop and draw arrows and comments using wacom intuos
- Save 2 versions of final images, low and high resolution ( 72 dpi & 300 dpi ) for easy sharing online. Dropbox is the easiest to access to the files from iphone / ipad.